This is finally getting posted. I still do not have WiFi at the house and can't get it to upload, so I'm stealing a connection from mom and dad....hopefully by the end if the week the house will be live. I'll try and get more updates posted soon
Fri 5/27: We finally have the keys to the farm. I'll spare you the details, but after numerous ridiculous delays and changing our closing date probably 5 times, yesterday was finally the day. The prior owners gifted us with pictures and a bit of history on the house, which is absolutely priceless. They even had an inventory of the bulbs that the owner before them had planted in around the house. This couldn't be more perfect!! (Just to clarify....the couple we bought the property from never lived in the house, they farmed the surrounding land. We purchased 16 acres from the larger 95 acres surrounding us)
Anyway, I closed on my house, um, almost a month ago. I am turning the keys over to the new owners tomorrow, or possibly tonight if I can get everything accomplished that I need to. But that means having adequate living space in the farm house that I am comfortable moving the kitties into, knowing they won't get into anything, or get hurt on
tack strips, etc. So, I made it to the farm before 7:30 to get going. Rudy has already christened the living room, so the sooner I get the old pet odor filled shag carpet out the door, the better. I'm still waiting on the dumpster to be delivered....
There is no shortage of work to be done ( and this happens to be a great way to stall and drink some coffee 😊) and we will be busy all weekend. We'll be framing in the new laundry and half bath area tonight so when the plumber shows up tomorrow morning, he can actually install the plumbing. I'll do my best to keep the updates coming and thankfully I don't go back to work until next Friday. This next week will be busy!
And if I didn't love this place enough already, as I have been talking with you, I have also been enjoying the presence of a Ruby Throated Hummingbird visiting the hanging plant I put up just a few minutes ago. I should probably get back at it, coffee break's over 😉.
No comments:
Post a Comment