Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

There are 3 toilets in my car!

I admit, that is not something I ever imagined saying, let alone be excited about. There are multiple levels of excitedness to that statement. 3 toilets in one car...not the Focus!  I got myself a little Subaru Forester (actually slightly older than the Focus and has slightly more miles, but this car can fit 3 toilets in the back!)

Shameless plug....



( also, if you or anyone you know is looking for a reliable car with lots of great features like heated seats and remote car start, and gets about 30mpg, let me know!!).








 Anyway, the toilets!  The only reason to buy a toilet is that you have a place to put it, right!? We are at the point that we are ready to install a new toilet!  

I know, it's been a while since my last update. But, we were busy for a few weeks moving mom and dad here and cleaning out the Northgate house. We took time to enjoy the 4th of July holiday and show off the farm to family and friends. Then, we had to wait for an inspector to come check out the new floor and plumbing we put in before we could cover it all up with walls. Now that that is all out of the way, we have started putting drywall up in the half bathroom, and can actually do laundry (I'm beginning to get super excited about little things being able to do laundry, it's a big step people!!) 



So when you have a coupon for 10% off at Lowe's, and a house that needs 3 toilets, why would you not buy all three at once?! The plumbing guy at Lowe's thought I was nuts, and he wasn't too thrilled about helping me lift them onto my cart (and getting paged to help me get them into the car), but when the toilet is on sale and your coupon expires tomorrow, you get matching toilets all at the same time. And then you get oddly excited that you have 3 toilets in the back of your car. The next big step is finishing the drywall, painting, tiling the floor, and....getting that toilet installed.  With 5 people sharing a bathroom, I am just a bit excited to get that half bath finished! We are a little behind schedule already, so with the next few days off of work, Carla and I are gonna rock out the drywall and get us back on track. We are down to just a few short weeks until the second story is going up and we have plenty to keep us busy in the mean time.



Oh yeah, and, we planted raspberries!  Before moving out of our respective houses, we dug up raspberries from our gardens.  Those poor plants have been sitting in pots for the last 6-8 weeks and were starting to look to pretty sad.  Problem is, we don't have the means to till up any sizable portion of land. Sure, we bought a tractor, but we don't have a tiller yet. I tried valiantly for all of about 10 seconds to sod bust an area, but the ground was so solid, and so thick with roots, it was not gonna happen (and I did my whole garden by hand at the old house).  Luckily, we have neighbors!  The nearest one is about half a mile away (I'm guessing really - there's a corn field, a small forest, and more corn, then his house - we can't see it from here. But his family has been on that land for 100+ years).  Well, he stopped over and introduced himself, and said if we needed anything, let him know.  Later that afternoon, he came over and roto-tilled our little raspberry plot for us.


Raspberries!! It actually looks a bit better than this now, I just don't have a picture yet to prove it....



This little boy LOVES anything with a motor! The tractor is probably his favorite.










There's always time for entertaining guests, and we love showing the place off. We had such a great time with Grandma and Ari!








No comments:

Post a Comment